By r. a. Sun., May 20, 2018 Feast of Weeks (Pentecost)
In Messiah’s name: for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
In the Catholic and Protestant churches, this day is referred to as Pentecost, a Greek term meaning “fiftieth” (50th). It refers to the festival celebrated on the fiftieth day after Passover (Days of Unleavened Bread) and this 50th day is known as the “Feast of Weeks”. It’s also referred to as the “feast of first fruits”. (See Lev. 23: 10 – 11)
It is one of seven yearly (annual) high holy day Sabbaths celebrated on the day AFTER seven weekly Sabbaths (49 days) and it falls on a Sunday (first day of the week) which is the 50th day.
Please note and understand:: because this annual high holy day Sabbath falls on a Sunday – a once a year Sabbath festival, this is NOT evidence for keeping Sunday as a new and changed Catholic/Christian weekly Sabbath.
The great I AM, the Creator-God does not change or alter his laws, statutes and commandments (Malachi 3: 6) – deceived popes, pastors, priests and other religious leaders, DO!
Here’s the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) scripts — Lev. Chpt. 23 verses 16, 21 & Acts 2: 1 – 4
Lev. Chpt. 23: 16, 21
(16) Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath (Sunday) shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.
(21) And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day (Sunday), that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
Acts Chpt.2, verses 1 – 4, 6 (PROOF the Messiah and apostles kept the great I AM’s high holy day Sabbaths as recorded in the book of Leviticus)
(1) And when the day of Pentecost (Feast of Weeks) was fully come, they (apostles and others) were all (together) with one accord in one place. (This was after the resurrection and ascension of Messiah)
(2) And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
(3) And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
(4) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues (languages), as the Spirit gave them utterance
(6) Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Side note: Speaking gibberish (nonsense, unintelligible utterances) is NOT evidence that one possesses the Holy Spirit as many Christian pastors claim. These leaders are deceived.
The Jews who were listening to the apostles speak, were from many nations and they all heard/understood them in their own language as indicated in verse 6 above.
In conclusion, all those who obey and keep the Creator-God’s weekly and yearly high holy day Sabbath festivals, I’d like to wish you all a Happy Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) Sabbath.
All honor, praise and glory to the Creator-God, the great I AM, in Messiah’s name.
Peace, blessings and protection to all who love the truth and hate the lies and deceptions.