Veterans Today By Dr. Kevin Barrett Posted Mon., Mar.14, 2016
The 9/11 perps shamelessly try to blame their enemies.
A US court ruling against Iran over the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks is “bizarre” and “outrageous” that completely destroys the credibility of the US judicial system, an American scholar says.
“September 11, 2001 of course, as we now know, was a neoconservative coup d’état,” said Kevin Barrett, who has a Ph.D in Arab and Islamic studies and is one of America’s best-known critics of the so-called war on terror.
“So it’s not surprising that the neoconservative aligned federalist society, the organized criminal group that runs the American federal courts, would be making deceptive rulings about 9/11,” Barrett told Press TV on Friday.
“We’re also at a point right now in history where the Saudi connection to September 11 is starting to come into the limelight,” he added.
On Wednesday, Iran was ordered by a US judge to pay more than $10.5 billion in damages to families of people killed on 9/11 and to a group of insurers.
US district judge George Daniels issued the default judgment in New York, claiming Iran failed to defend itself against allegations of having a role in the attacks. A default judgment is issued when one of the parties involved in a case does not appear in court to defend their case.
The court ruling is based on the 9/11 Commission Report which stated that some attackers moved through Iran and did not have their passports stamped.
Saudi Arabia was legally cleared from paying damages to families of 9/11 victims last year, after Judge Daniels dismissed accounts that Riyadh provided material support to the terrorists and ruled that Riyadh had sovereign immunity.
The verdict comes even though there is no evidence of Iran being involved in planning 9/11. None of the 19 hijackers were Iranian, while 15 were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, and one each from Egypt and Lebanon.
Visit HR14.org and help reopen 9/11!
The September 11, 2001 attacks, aka the 9/11 attacks, were a series of strikes in the US, which killed nearly 3,000 people and caused about $10 billion worth of property and infrastructure damage.
US officials assert that they were carried out by al-Qaeda terrorists but many experts have raised questions about the official account, saying it was a false-flag operation and that former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, also of Saudi origin, was just a bogeyman for the US military-industrial complex.