Breitbart.com By Ian Hanchett Posted Wed., June 14, 2017
On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “New Day,” Representative Mo Brooks (R-AL) described the scene at the Congressional baseball practice where House Majority Whip Representative Steve Scalise (R-LA) was shot.
Brooks stated that the shooter was using a rifle, while members of the Congressional security details were firing handguns back at the shooter, and that there “must have been 50-100 shots fired.
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) has been shot, according to multiple reports.
• A man shot at several dozen Republican members of Congress during a baseball practice Wednesday morning in Alexandria, Virginia
• Rep. Steve Scalise (R-AL) was shot in the hip but is now stable and undergoing surgery for his wound
• Because Scalise is House Majority Whip, Capitol Hill Police officers were already present and engaged the gunman for several minutes
• The suspect is now in custody — not dead, as early reports claimed
• At least four individuals total were shot by the assailant: Scalise, two police officers, and a congressional staffer
• Wounded staffer works for Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX). An early report incorrectly said that Williams himself was shot
• Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) told a reporter the shooter “was there to kill as many Republican members as possible.”