What is so dam outrageous is the fact that modern Israel are not a Semitic people. These counterfeits and imposters are slaughtering Palestinians — a true Semitic people! The real deal “anti-Semites” are the pretenders – the Israelis.(r. a. note)
By Rachel Blevins @ Free Thought Project Wed., May 16, 2018
South Carolina will become the first state to legally define criticism of Israel as “anti-Semitism” when a new measure goes into effect on July 1, targeting public schools and universities. While politicians have tried to pass the measure as a standalone law for two years, they finally succeeded temporarily by passing it as a “proviso” that was slipped into the 2018-2019 budget.
According to the text of the measure, the definition of “anti-Semitism” will now include:
(1) a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. –Rhetorical and physical manifestations of anti-Semitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities;
(2) calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews; making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as a collective; accusing Jews as a people of being responsible for real or imagined wrongdoing committed by a single Jewish person or group, the state of Israel, or even for acts committed by non-Jews;
(3) accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust;
(4) accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interest of their own nations;
(5) using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis;
(6) drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis;
(7) blaming Israel for all inter-religious or political tensions;
(8) applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation;
(9) multilateral organizations focusing on Israel only for peace or human rights investigations;
(10) denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, and denying Israel the right to exist, provided, however, that criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as anti-Semitic.
As can be determined by the long list of ways in which South Carolina will now define “anti-Semitism,” individuals will be forced to tiptoe around a legitimate subject, and expressing an opinion that is no longer considered politically correct can now be legally used against them.
Caroline Nagel, a professor at the University of South Carolina, told The State that she is concerned the law will discourage discussions on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and will hinder pro-Palestine student groups.
..when Israel shoots and kills 60 civilians and injures around 1,700 in just one day, the U.S. responds to the bloodshed by blocking the United Nations Security Council’s attempt to push for an independent investigation into Israel’s actions.
The new measure in South Carolina may focus on public universities right now, but it is setting a blueprint for other states to follow, and in addition to chipping away at the First Amendment, it is serving as a clear reminder that the United States only seems to care about oppressive governments who commit human rights violations when those governments are not considered “close allies.”
Full article here: https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/65861/us-state-passes-law-defining-any-criticism-of-israel-as-antisemitic-just-as-they-kill-60.html